Posts tagged women artist
Kinuko Craft cover for an upcoming Tor book by Freda Warrington
- Working without the pressure of success.
- Not having to be in shows with men.
- Having an escape from the art world in your four free-lance jobs.
- Knowing your career might pick up after you’re eighty.
- Being reassured that whatever kind of art you make it will be labeled feminine.
- Not being stuck in a tenured teaching position.
- Seeing your ideas live on in the work of others.
- Having an opportunity to choose between career and motherhood.
- Not having to smoke those big cigars or paint in Italian suits.
- Having more time to work after your mate dumps you for someone younger.
- Being included in revised versions of art history.
- Not having to undergo the embarrassment of being called a genius.
Guerrilla Girls, quoted in Whitney Chadwick Women, Art and Society